And back to Silver City, New Mexico! 🚐😎 At about 6,000 feet elevation, it’s considerably cooler than the places I’ve been hanging out. But now that spring is here and April has rolled around, the weather in Silver City is perfect.
The 10-day forecast when I got here showed high temperatures were in the 70s every day, which made me think my timing was impeccable. (Or lucky!) 😉
As the setting for my Silver City Cozy Mystery series, there’s always more research to be done here. So many cool spots to check out, so many mystery ideas awaiting! I walk around town on the lookout for good places to hide a body… 😜
The latest book projects
Here’s what’s going on now.
- Book 2, Signs of Foul Play, is off to the editor! Yay! I’ll get it back in May, and the release date is scheduled for end of May. I don’t have the pre-order up yet, but it should be up within the next few days. More progress! 👍
- That means I’m free to dive into Book 3! 😀 My working title for that one is Death with a Silver Spoon, though I may still change that. I can’t wait too long though, because the book cover designer needs to wrap up their work in a few weeks. I’m just beginning the process on this book, and have been brainstorming crimes, disasters, and murder suspects… Bwahaha… 😈
- Book 4 is not much more than a twinkle in my eye right now, but I already booked the cover designer, because they have such a long lead time. I’ll have to figure out what to tell them before that day rolls around!
And all the rest…
- No promos scheduled in April, but I’ll probably have some special offers in May to go along with the launch of Signs of Foul Play. Nothing is settled yet, but I’ve got it on a list of things to do!
- I’m trying to streamline my processes, and find better ways of staying organized when I’ve got multiple books at different stages of the process. Cover designers need to be booked up to 9 months in advance, when I don’t even know the title (or possibly even the topic) of the book. Then there are editors, beta readers, proofreaders to schedule, books in plotting, writing, revising, tweaking, and publishing. … It feels a bit overwhelming at times, but I’m sure this can all be smoothed out with a bit of optimizing effort.
Cheers from Silver City! 😎