I don’t know about you, but I’m delighted and relieved that 2020 is over! This new year has to be better. It just has to!
I’m currently camped in my RV (Zennie) out in the desert of southern Arizona. I’m near Organ Pipe National Monument, and just a short drive from the Mexican border. Why? It’s WARM down here, even in January! I love all the desert sunshine and blue skies, though the drought is certainly taking a toll here.
Best of all, the peace and quiet out here in the middle of nowhere should help me get some work done. Speaking of which, here’s what’s happening…
The latest book projects
At the moment, I’ve got three books in various stages:
- My prequel novella, The Vanishing Van Gogh (exclusive for subscribers), is finished, tested, and uploaded wherever it needs to be. Yay! Getting it formatted should have been a simple matter, except that I included lots of text messages with emojis. 😩 That caused a world of headaches, but I love emojis, and think they’re important for the tone of those conversations. You can get a FREE copy of this here…
- Book 1, Deadly Little Angel, is available for presale now! 😎 My next challenge on this one is getting the print version formatted and ready. I got the print cover design back and it looks good, so I’m hoping this won’t take too long to get in place. The release date is Feb 21, 2021, and both ebook and paperback should be ready at that time. You can preorder a copy here…
- Book 2, Signs of Foul Play, has a finished first draft, and is waiting for revisions. As soon as I get a break in this other stuff, I am itching to get back to it! Book formatting and website work are required tasks, but it’s creating the stories that’s the fun part!
And all the rest…
- I’ve got the website mostly set up, though I still need to figure out something to write about myself. But nobody really reads “About” pages, do they? I figure people would rather read another book, so this can wait. 😜
- I’ve got the fundamentals of the newsletter system in place, but there’s a lot more to do on this still.
It’s a good thing there’s lots of quiet time to work out here! ☀️🌵😎
Happy New Year, and let’s hope 2021 is a better year for you, me, and the whole world! 😊
Actually, I have received Vanishing VanGogh, but haven’t read it because it freezed part-way in and also freezes my kindle app. I’ve written to the place person whose name appeared with the download email and he tried to send it again. Same results. Plus I can’t remove it from the app. I’ve tried many times, but it still freezes and freezes my app. Guess there’s a real problem with it!!
Hi K –
I’m so sorry to hear that! Thanks for letting me know. I’m guessing you found this book through the StoryOrigin promotion, just based on the timing. If so, I’d suggest trying it through this other link: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/ytrlngzww9.
That link goes through a different company, BookFunnel, who has their own software that creates the file, so they might have a slightly different result. They’ve got their own app that loads books onto Kindle devices, and their support staff are usually pretty capable. I’m afraid I don’t know much about this myself, but I’m hoping they’ll be able to take care of you. They’re the experts.
I hope this can resolve it for you! – Dana
I Dana: I got your Van Gogh book but haven’t had a chance to read it yet. My books to read pile is a mile high. I just can’t pass up a good sounding book for free by a new author. When I do read it I will leave a review.
Seeing Nova Scotia is in the middle of a snowstorm today, I would love to be in a warm place like you are.
I read almost only cozy mysteries these days. I have had enough of blood, guts and gore and I no longer read thrillers either as I hate to be scared.
Stay safe and take care.
Hi Kim –
Thanks for your note! I’m totally with you on the blood and gore. I can handle cartoony violence like the Avengers, but I can’t stand anything too realistic. Sadly that means I close my eyes in a lot of movies! 🙈
Stay warm up there! – Dana