I’ve been camped out in the Arizona desert and on the beach in Mexico, watching with horror this month’s weather reports of winter storms hitting the rest of the country. ⛄️ I’m planning to head back to Silver City at some point, but not before it warms up out there! If you’re one of those stuck in the cold, I feel your pain, and hope you’re able to stay warm and safe.
My big news this month is the launch of Deadly Little Angel, the first mystery in my Silver City Cozy Mystery series. More on that below, but first a shot of Sandy Beach, in Puerto Peñasco (aka Rocky Point) where I’m camped. 😎
I’ve got my camper parked near where I took this photo, and it’s wonderful. But I don’t take my laptop on the beach, so I have to force myself to sit down and get the work done!
The latest book projects
Here’s what’s going on now:
- Book 1, Deadly Little Angel, is now available for on Amazon! 📙🎉 As of Feb 21 (today), the ebook is available and the paperback is pending Amazon review. That should be ready in a few days too! You can get your copy here… This went live this morning and there are no reviews yet, but I do hope to see some soon! I’m not sure I’ll be able to sleep much until I know what early reviews are saying, so if you do check it out, please leave a review. They matter SO much on Amazon, and I would really appreciate it! 🙏😊
- Book 2, Signs of Foul Play, is waiting for me to get back to revisions. I’ve got that planned for March, then off to the editor and beta readers during April. Now that Angel is out the door, I’m looking forward to getting back to some foul play and dastardly deeds! 😜
- And next up? I’m currently brainstorming for the rest of the books this year, just jotting down random ideas. I like to let them all stew for a while on the back burner, and hopefully things will start taking shape as I work my way through the Signs revisions. Thinking up crimes and characters is a fun part! 😀
And all the rest…
- I’m part of a February Cozy Mystery promo, where a bunch of cozy authors are giving away free books. If you like reading cozies, you’ll find a bunch for FREE here… (Good through end of February, 2021.)
- The newsletter system is coming together, though I’ve still got more work to do on that. Same with the website — I’ve got some more tweaking and filling in blank spots that should be done, but I’m not making it a high priority right now.
Take care out there, and stay warm! ☀️🌵😎
I’ve read ” The Vanishing Vangogh and really enjoyed the characters as well as story line it was so well written .The epitome of a classic cozey mystery. I know I’ll have no regret acquiring “Signs of Foul Play ” or “Deadly Little Angel”. I strongly recommend that if you enjoy fabulous cozey mysterys Dana Kilpatrick will give you an enjoyable and entertaining read. 😊Kat
Hi Kat –
Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I am delighted that you enjoyed the Van Gogh book, and I hope you have fun with the others too.
Thanks again, and have a great week! – Dana.